Vision - Calendar of Events 2009
Jimmy's Vision Foundation is proud to be participants in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Societies annual Light the Night Walk. The walk took place on October 17, 2009 at California Baptist University Riverside. The Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient aid. Our team consists on 53 team members from a couple weeks old to age 60! We have raised a total of $5895 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. These funds alone will go to the following:
- Provide patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- Make possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- Help supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- Make possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
- Provide co-pay assistance to up to five patients for one year.
Although this event did not provide funds for Jimmy's Vision Foundation it was our intention to use this event as a marketing opportunity to publicize Jimmy's Vision while maintaining our mission of raising awareness of blood cancer and contributing funds to another organization with a common goal.
Jimmy's Vision Foundation is proud to host the annual Children's
Memorial Day dinner and candle lighting ceremony. National
Children's Memorial Day happens each year on the second Sunday
of December and is observed internationally. Families around
the world light candles at 7 PM in their corresponding time
zones and burn them for one hour. As candles burn down in
one time zone, they are lighted in the next, thus creating
a 24 hour wave of light that encircles the globe.
Unfortunately Jimmy's Vision Foundation will not be hosting this event in 2009. Check back for 2010 event information.